Floating support

Floating Support is a community based service which is available to people who have, or are experiencing abuse or violence. Experienced support staff offer specialist domestic abuse.

Who we support

Support is provided to anyone who lives in RCT, who have a tenancy and have a housing related support need. In addition to addressing the housing related need we aim to develop skills and confidence through emotional or practical support to live as independently as possible. These skills may need to be developed as a result of:

• Living in refuge.

• Being unable to remain in or return to existing accommodation due to poor conditions, domestic abuse, harassment, mental, physical and/or sexual abuse

• Ending an abusive relationship

How we can help you

Our support can help you in a number of ways. Support is always based on an individuals needs and goals. The frequency of support is decided between you and your support worker. 

Examples of how we can help you include; 

  • Supporting you to understanding risk and safety planning

  • Improving safety at your home and within the community ensuring the property is secure, (alarms or fittings), personal safety in the community or finding a new home.      

  • Helping you make the most of your money through budgeting and maximizing income

  • Increasing your understanding of the nature, effects and impact of domestic abuse.

  • Supporting you to access educational programmes or life skills provided by WA-RCT.

  • Providing opportunities for you to engage with support around education, health and wellbeing.

  • Signposting to other agencies where necessary

  • Support with issues relating to your child's health and wellbeing (including involvement with other agencies)

What next? 

Referrals for floating support come to us via RCT’s supporting people’s single point of access scheme
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about your options, contact us on 01443 400791