OUR VISION & CORE VALUES
Everyone regardless of gender has the right to live free from the fear of violence and abuse
Our core values are the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. The values underline our work, how we interact with each other, and which strategies we employ to fulfil our vision.
Respect the Individual
It’s important that people’s individual needs and personal experiences are acknowledged respected and provide the starting point for action.
- We promote the health and wellbeing of ourselves and others.
- We are all responsible for our own actions.
- We deliver services for people with professionalism and empathy.
- We act in solidarity with people’s rights have been violated
Stand Up with Integrity
We are champions for the rights of the people, working to create a movement for change.
- We are proud of and build on our traditions.
- We stand up for what we believe
- We do what we say we will do
- We are worthy of trust
- We have integrity and courage
- We act with conviction
Our reputation is important for the work we do with people
- We are creative and innovative
- We will learn from experience and try new things.
- We act in solidarity with others to further the cause
- We rightfully challenge what gets in the way
- We strive to deliver excellence
Be Relevant today ready for tomorrow
We have to evolve to best serve the needs of individuals. The lives of people, and the wider environment in which we operate, are dynamic. We deliver what’s needed today, and identify and respond to trends and changes to remain relevant for tomorrow
- We are always learning from others, from our past and for the future
- We have the right people
- We embrace how things can change for the better
- We are clear about the strategic priorities and our duty to achieve them.
- We work in partnership with others to achieve more.
We are accountable to the movement and have a responsibility to service users and stakeholders. We act with and on behalf of individuals and exist both to meet their needs now and to secure positive change for the future. We are open to challenge and have a duty to challenge others in order to secure change. We ensure the best use of resources to achieve the goals of RCT Domestic Abuse Services.
- We take responsibility for our decisions
- We are accountable for ourselves and our behaviours
- We are transparent in prioritising our efforts and resources